First published: June 17, 2009
Last Updated: April 14, 2013
Except for your pre-existing rights and this license granted to you, we retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Site, including all related intellectual property rights. The Site is protected by applicable intellectual property laws, including United States copyright law and international treaties.
We do not provide you with the equipment to access the Site. You are responsible for all fees charged by third parties to access the Site (e.g., charges by internet service providers).
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or a part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13.
You must comply with all applicable laws when using the Site. Except as may be expressly permitted by applicable law or authorized by us in writing, you will not, and will not permit anyone else to: (a) store, copy, modify, distribute, or resell any of the information; audio, visual, and audiovisual works; or other content made available on the Site ("Site Content") or compile or collect any Site Content as part of a database or other work; (b) use any automated tool (e.g., robots, spiders) to use the Site or store, copy, modify, distribute, or resell any Site Content; (c) rent, lease, or sublicense your access to the Site to another person; (d) use the Site or Site Content for any purpose except for your own personal use; (e) circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Site; (f) use the Site in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the Site; or (g) remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the Site or Site Content.
The Site may contain links to third party products, services, and websites. We exercise no control over the third party products, services, and websites and we are not responsible for their performance, do not endorse them, and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, or other materials available through the third party products, services, and websites. We are not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused to you by your use of or reliance on any goods or services available through the third party products, services, and websites.
You agree that Jeremi Suri is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (each, a "Submission"), including, without limitation, responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Site without further compensation, acknowledgment or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Site and our products and services. Furthermore, by posting any Submission or comment on the Site, submitting information to us, or in responding to questionnaires, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide license and right to display, use, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and create derivative works of the Submission or information submitted in any media, software, or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. By posting or providing a Submission or information, you represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Submission or information by Jeremi Suri will not infringe on or violate the rights of any third party.
Jeremi Suri asks that you respect our online Site community and participating individuals. Hate speech is forbidden at all times. Your conduct should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette.
Email address. You must provide a valid email address for posting comments. It is not published, sold, or available to other commenters. Repeated failure to provide a valid email address will result in an emailed notice to you requesting use of a valid address. Continued false email addresses will be casue for us to block comments to protect other commenters and this Site. (4/13/2013)
Comment use. By making a Submission, you are consenting to its display and publication on the Site and in the Services. Please contact the author to request that your comments be expunged. (4/13/2013)
To further these common goals when posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site, you agree not to:
• Post or transmit any material that is unrelated to the Subject Matter;
• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language; or discuss or incite illegal activity; or use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated);
• Use the Site's facilities, services or resources in a manner which violates any applicable laws or regulations;
• Post or transmit any material (i) that you don't have the right to transmit under applicable law, including copyright, trademark, trade secret or securities laws, or (ii) in violation of your obligations to any third party, including nondisclosure agreements;
• Intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of or modify files, other data or passwords belonging to other users without permission; solicit a member's password or other account information; or harvest user names, email addresses or other personal information for any purpose;
• Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• Post Submissions that contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
• Post photographs of another person without such person's consent;
• Promote information that you know to be false or misleading or that promotes or facilitates illegal activities, piracy, or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
• Engage in or facilitate the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing, or "spamming";
• Sell or otherwise transfer your profile or account on the Site; or
• Use the Site in a manner that interferes with or disrupts other network users, services or equipment. Such interference or disruption includes, but is not limited to: (i) propagation of computer worms or viruses, (ii) use of the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information or communications devices or resources, or (iii) use of automated processes to interact with the Site, such as scripts to harvest data. This includes unauthorized security probing activities or other attempts to evaluate the security integrity of a network or host system without permission.
We reserve the right to investigate and take legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the restrictions set forth in this Agreement, including without limitation removing any offending profile information or Submissions, and terminating your access to the Site.
We may provide you with a mechanism to provide feedback, suggestions and ideas, if you choose, about the Site ("Feedback"). You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, use the Feedback you provide to us in any way, including in future modifications to the Site. You hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, irrevocable, royalty free license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute and display the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. JEREMI SURI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT, AND YOU RELY ON THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANY MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SITE . NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE , WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. SOME STATES MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
JEREMI SURI WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY OF ALL KINDS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SITE CONTENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTY CLAIMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORUM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY ACTION OR CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
JeremiSuri.net respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks you to do the same. It is our policy to terminate the access privileges of those who repeatedly infringe the copyright rights of others. If you believe that your work has been posted on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at the address below and provide the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, and identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located; (3) your address, telephone number, and email address; (4) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Designated agent for notice of copyright infringement can be reached at (4/13/2013):
Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs
University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box Y
Austin, TX 78713-8925
Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs
University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box Y
Austin, TX 78713-8925